So, I was a senior in high school at Shasta, which is in Redding. I played on the Varsity Basketball team and we went to State (lost by one point but that is another story). I can honestly say that I loved my senior year in high school. I drove around in my grey 1985 BMW(I thought I was pretty cool). I think I worked at Chevy's as a hostess or something too. This is my senior portrait. I don't think this is the one in the year book though(I can't remember).
This is the only picture I have from Senior Prom. That should tell you something right there. It wasn't a good experience. I think I burned the professional ones. :) My date's name was Kevin. I don't even remember his last name. He was 21, I think. Anyways, Senior Prom was our last date ever. Long story...
Graduation from Shasta High School. Class of '95.
I left on my mission to Argentina, Buenos Aires North Mission. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I just knew that I was called to serve a mission(shocked my parents). The picture below is of me and my companion Hermana Thomas. I LOVED Hna. Thomas. She loved to sing Opera and acting, she was so fun to work with. The girl to the right of me was a member in the ward I served in, Los Polvorines, my first area.
The man below, sitting next to the Elder, is named Walter. Walter was my first baptism in the mission. He was a treasure. He started paying his tithing when we taught him the principle(he hadn't even been baptized yet). Walter gave a talk on the priesthood before he even received it(we helped him prepare it). I was able to go with Walter to the temple twice. Once to do baptisms for the dead(I was able to be baptised for his mother) and then a second time for his own endowment, at the end of my mission. Walter passed away shortly after I left the mission field. I will never forget his vibrant blue eyes and the example he was to me of exact obedience.
I know this isn't part of the timeline; but I thought I would add that Ryan and I were married on December 29, 2001 in the Oakland temple. We started dating in August of 2001(not a very long time). We will have been married for 7 years this December. We are a PERFECT match. I can't think a better counterbalance for me.
5 years ago...
Ryan and I were expecting our first child, Tyler. I was so nervous and excited to be a mom. Tyler was such a mild-tempered baby and has been such a blessing to his family and, especially, to his little brother Chase.

I remember thinking when Tyler was born that he was absolutely perfect. I was a nervous wreck after the birth because the cord was wrapped tightly around his little neck. I remember time seemed to stand still, as I awaited his first scream. :)
This was probably one of my favorite outfits that Tyler had as a baby. It was a gift from Grandma Jackson, if I remember correctly. He outgrew it far too quickly. :)
5 months ago...
I was working part-time as a CPA for Nystrom & Co. I loved the people there but I found the work-life balance challenging at times, especially, because Ryan was in Sacramento during the week and we only got to really see him on the weekends. I was also juggling work and kids with being the YW president in our Redding ward. I miss my girls so much. :)
Tyler turned 5!!!! He had a transformer themed party. We rented a bounce house for the party. It was his first real big boy party. Everyone had a blast!!!
Tyler kicked his first soccer goal on the day of his party. He was so HAPPY!!! His team had a losing season, but Tyler had a lot of fun. I LOVE sports, so I was excited to finally get started with competitive play. :)
I feel like this whole post has sort of been about Tyler(because of the timeline). So, I wanted to add this picture of Chase. The way he is sitting in this picture is the way I always used to sit, as a kid. I LOVE it!!! It has honestly been such a joy to be the mother of this little boy. He has a personality that is going to get him into trouble. You can't say no to him. He is such a joker and I love to see his unique personality traits develop.5 things on my to do list for tomorrow...
1. Exercise - I have really been neglecting this
2. Take my kids to the new Splash Park. It was closed today!!! So, typical that they would do mainenance on the day we actually get it together and head over there. :)
3. Actually do my hair. I am getting tired of always wearing a ponytail
4. Be more patient with my kids
5. Clean the bathroom. Yuck!!!!
5 things people don't know about me...
1. PADI certified Scuba Diver since high school
2. HATE all computer games. I actually asked Ryan if he played computer games before we got married.
3. Gossip Girl addict. I know it isn't a good show but I can't stop watching it.
4. I asked Ryan out on our first date and he said "No"
5. Snakes TERRIFY me...to the point of immobolization and tears.
5 bad habits...
1. Procrastinator. I wrote term papers the night before they were due at BYU.
2. Blogging
3. Perfectionist
4. Judge others how I think they are judging me
5. Junk food junkie
5 places I have lived...
1. Provo, UT
2. Buenos Aires, Argentina
3. Elk Grove, CA
4. Redding, CA
5. Berkeley, CA
Tag 5(ish) people...
Honestly, whoever wants to do it. It was a lot of fun but also a lot of work. So, I tag Summer, Amber, Rachel, Chandra, and Julia



8 comments:
You're not so different from when we were young! Still as gorgeous and spunky as ever! I love those pics of Tyler, made me a little misty, I can't believe he was so little! Chase is an absolute doll, I couldn't say no to him if my life depended on it!
Hey how come all the stuff people "don't" know about you is all stuff I know ... hehe!?
The mission stories were really cool. I didn't know about Walter.
That's awesome Kate. good tibbits to know you better by. I loved the prom picture! ha ha...I'm surprised you have those digital!
I love looking at old pictures of people...you looked just as pretty then as you do now. Love the 90's prom dress!:) It was fun to see those baby pictures of Tyler again, what a cutie!
You are such a beautiful pregnant lady! I like your graduation pics too. You made me laugh with some of your answers....some are just like me!
That was very interesting. Its amazing that there really are people that willing to do the right thing like the man in your mission. I'm also procrastinate but I have tried to not do it and I find that unless I have the stress forcing me to do it I just can't get it done.
Tyler's baby pictures are just so cute. He had such perfect skin that was so smooth.
Kater-Tater :) Enjoyed the "Walk/Sprint Down Memory Lane" with you. Loved the pics and the reminders of the joy it has been to be a part of your life. You have added blessings and love in many forms to my life. Thank you for all the good things you do and for reminding me of the "good old daze!" Mom
What a fun idea. THanks for posting the baby pix of tyler, it seems like forever ago that he was that small.
Awww man! See what happens when you neglect to check up on your friends blogs! They start giving out assignments!!! Ok, ok, I'll do it. I'll do it tomorrow! How's that for procrastination!!! :)
Post a Comment