Thanks to Jamie's(my sis-in-law's sis-in-law) festive Thanksgiving blog post. The boys and I got to decorate sugar cookies like little turkeys in preparation for Thanksgiving. It was a lot of fun. Tyler even enjoyed going to three separate stores to find all of the necessary ingredients, who knew candy corns and mini m&ms would be so difficult to find.

Yes, Chase has a tattoo. I am ashamed to say that the other day when we were at Taco Bell Tyler and Chase whined, begged, and bullied me to get them stickers-ok I knew they were tattoos. They were horrible, monster, white trash tattoos, too. :) Thankfully they have almost been washed completely away.

Tyler really enjoys being creative. I mean check out the fridge behind him. It is covered with things he has been doing in school.

I think that the thing Chase most enjoyed about this activity was definitely eating all the candy corns.

What a cute smile!!!!

Here is the end result...I think the boys did a really good job.

This next part is a little sad. I will just call it the turkey cookies untimely demise...

Chase accidentally dropped his completed cookie in his lap. You can see the cookie on the chair and one of the turkey's eyes ended up on Chase's leg. I didn't think Chase would take it so hard...
Poor little guy...don't worry we fixed the cookie and the story ended well. :) All we had to do was replace the turkey's fallen eye and the tears stopped immediately.
(all pics taken by Ryan)
6 comments:
Oh Kate, these pictures are (as usual) adorable. I loved the excitement of the story about getting all the ingredients and then actually putting the turkeys together and watching Chase eat all the candy corns he could and Tyler putting his turkey together soooooooo well. Love the pic of Tyler - bright smile and bright eyes! It was really sad about the demise of the turkey, glad you were able to restore it - Chase looked so sad - glad the story had a happy, if sugary, ending! What a sugar rush - yum, yum!
What a fun activity. I saw those cookies on Jamie's blog and thought they looked like so much fun.
Chase looks so sad, it made me sad. I don't think I have actually ever seen him cry. hmm...
What a fun day with all the dynamics that is entailed in a good story book. And, yes I love the hair, change is always so nice and we are so thankful it grows back too. (thinking of some of my own haircuts that ended badly, literally, trashbag over the head type hair cuts)
That is the saddest face I've ever seen... who knew he was so attached to the poor eyeless turkey. Gorgeous boys, awesome idea, great photos (as usuall)! The turkeys were fun to eat as well (holy sugar rush batman)!
Haha, that is so cute. I love that sequence of pictures.
I'm not sure its such a good idea to let them have moooorrrreee sugar. But that's up too you. They are pretty cute and little crazy on sugar high. Let me know how that goes. HeHeHe, LOL
Post a Comment