12.05.2008

Dennis the Menace {aka Chase}

Trust me this kid isn't as sweet as he looks!!!!!!

I don't know what has gotten into Chase lately. Yesterday, he got into my makeup and painted his face with my eyeshadow. He has been told countless times that this is NOT ok. Then, he found a bottle of Tums and decided to eat an unknown amount....yes, we called poison control...I guess, we are lucky cause he could have eaten the whole bottle, according to poison control, and still survived...who knew. Chase even shared the Tums with Tyler. Tyler's response when he was questioned about the Tums incident was, "Chase gave them to me to eat"...does this remind anyone else of The Fall? Who is older!?!

Ryan said that Chase reminds him of April cause Ryan like Tyler was a good obedient kid until April/Chase came around and corrupted him. :) Also, yesterday, Chase decided it would be a good idea to spray my entire bathroom with a spray bottle that luckily was only filled with water. AGHHHH!!!!

Did I mention that he is a nightmare to put to bed too. He doesn't care if he doesn't get a star on his chart, so that he can go to a movie with mommy and daddy...seriously, I don't know what to do. The only thing that works is standing outside the door until he goes to sleep. Unfortunately, Ryan is the only one willing to do this. :)

He gets into everything too...including Grandma Fink's breakables from Denmark. He has even climbed up on the fridge to get what he wants. He recently learned how to take his seatbelt off too...he loves to do this while we are driving around. HELP!!!!

Oh, I forgot, he also decided to SHRED our mail. Mercifully, it was JUST junk mail.

8 comments:

Jenna said...

He's too smart for his age. Those things seem to be only the beginning... I think he's caught on that because he's SO adorable he can get away with it... "liddlebitsoda."

Eric and Jill said...

Oh, Kate I'm sorry! He is so cute though, I can't even imagine saying "No" to him. That's so funny though of Tyler's response. Good luck with Chase though!

Jen said...

TROUBLE, Trouble, trouble. . . too bad he's so darn cute!

April said...

I'm so sorry, that's exausting I'm sure! Good luck I have no advice, but Jen's right, it's a good thing he's cute, otherwise it'd all be over! Oh, and thanks for the comparison....I'm sure Ryan was the perfect angel till he met me!:) Gotta give the kid credit, he's got spunk!

Xana said...

HaHaHaHa...love that he likes to the shred the mail...I think April said that same thing about her 2nd child just this past week. Must be a 2nd child syndrome, what does your mom say about her 2nd child? :) I'd love to hear, it might be funny. I know I said those things about my 2nd child...sorry April.

Brittany said...

Oh how fun. Looks like you are going to have your hands full with Chase. Hopefully he will calm down in a little bit, and choose to follow his big brothers example, instead of the other way around.

Sister Christie said...

Just an angel in a "Dennis the Menace" costume. He has got me wrapped around his little, tiny finger! He has me figured out completely - love this little, sweet, "Dennis"! & love to his mom and dad -- All I can say is "Carry On, Carry On, Carry on!".....with love, of course :)

Anonymous said...

Ellie is the same way. We have to be in her room until she falls asleep. We take turns doing this, but mostly Gabriel get the lucky job.
Be happy he isn't up later with night terrors like Ellie! :)