7.21.2008

First Day of School

Tyler started his first day of kindergarten today at Irene B. West Elementary School. I got to go with him today because they were having a parent orientation. So, tomorrow, will be really rough for me cause I will actually have to leave him there. He was thrilled with his new school clothes and back pack. His black spiderman shoes are by far his favorite; he loves that they flash when he walks.

He is so stylish in his camo gear!!!! His teacher's name is Mrs. Bryant. She seems like a lot of fun and I think that it is going to be a really fun year for Tyler. I just didn't realize that I would cry. :(

11 comments:

April said...

Wow! are they in year round school there? We only have five weeks left, and I can totally understand crying, I'm kinda not looking forward to the big day. He looks like such a big boy though, and I bet he was so excited. Congrats on reaching this new stage tyler and Kate, it's a big one!

Kate said...

Yup, they are in year round school here. It seems super early to me to be starting cause I am used to traditional!!!

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Don't you just love how they like those light up shoes so much? Ellie has Dora ones...heehee I think it'll be tough for me when it comes time send Ellie off to Kindergarten. Preschool is great with it only twice a week, but the "real thing" will be harder on me.... to let her go for so long.

Sister Christie said...

Kate, it was great to look at Tyler all dressed up and ready for Kindergarten. Wow, he looks like he is ready to conquer the world! Well, at least his kindergarten class!

Brittany said...

is he old enough for school?

Jenna said...

I can't believe he's that old already! What does that make us?!? He looks fab in his camo! I can't wait to hear about how his first day went! I bet he has a few funny stories to tell already!

Eric and Jill said...

Who I can't believe he's in school already. How fun though. This will be exciting for both of you. I can't wait to hear how he likes it.

Summer's Blog said...

Awwwww, he looks likr such a handsome big boy though. How'd he do??

Kate said...

Tyler survived...our conversation after school went something like this...
Tyler: "Mom, you gave me to much snack."

Kate: "Uh, what do you mean?!"

Tyler: "Well, I didn't get to play because I had too much food"

Kate: "Uh?" ...I am still not making the connection.

Tyler: "I had so much food that the teacher said play was over before I finished"

Kate: "Oh"

Tyler: "Don't give me so much snack tomorrow I want to play. Just one snack ok."

HAHAHAHAHAHA...So funny!!! Other than that I think his first day went smoothly he likes his teacher and brought home some books, artwork, and homework. :(

Xana said...

That's so funny...I bet he was so disappointed to not be able to play. Wow, he is growing up so fast, soon he'll be wanting the car for a date. :)

Julia said...

He looks so excited. I can't believe you have a kid old enough for school! I think I would cry too. He looks adorable in his camo