In the Fink Family(and the Yeager, my mother's maiden name, family), it has always been a tradition to make homemade rolls called monkey bread for Thanksgiving. They are delicious!!!!! Totally sinful!!! This year my mom had a couple of unexpected helpers. :) I thought it was really cute, so I, of course, grabbed the camera. They loved cutting the rolls out the best.

Grandma with her two grandsons passing on the family tradition!!!!!

A close up of Chase's little hand.

These pictures are all pre-haircut. When Ryan got home that night he took the boys out straight away to get haircuts. Tyler's hair is so hilarious and overgrown. I tried to crop it out but it was sticking up every where.

The rolls have to rise one final time. Then, they are ready to go in the oven and bake. Brushed with lots of butter...yumm....yumm....

Just some cute pics of Chase that I took while he was working. I love this next one because it shows off his beautiful eyelashes.


Tyler decided to smack Chase's bottom with his hand full of flour. You can't really see it that well but Chase has Tyler's lovely handprint on his bottom. What is it with boys and the bottom smacking thing!?!
5 comments:
I LOVE your kids!! How cute are they! Baking with grandma, memories! Hopefully they remember, but they'll have pictures if they don't! They seem to love baking, just like mommy!
The butt smacking thing is totally outside my comprehension as well!
What a fun teaching moment with the grandkids! Actually, it was just a fun, fun moment to share with them. They were so excited to be my little helpers! I loved all the help. I noticed the little indendations of Chase's fingerprints on a few of the rolls. Those rolls are delicious and it was more fun this year as I took some time off work so that I didn't have to stay up half the night for them to rise and I got to have my little helpers help me. Thanks for the memories, Tyler and Chase and thanks, Kate, for the picture/memories as well :)
Yum....I LOVE rolls, when are the bakers coming again? I would love to have them show me how to make rolls.
MONKEY BREAD..mmm....
Great shots of the boys by the way. Looks like they like spending time in the kitchen with you making yummy foods!!
Kudos to you for getting your kids excited about baking. Then they'll know how to feed themselves when they are older. They wont be starving missionaries though I doubt they'll bake rolls.
Post a Comment