I would NEVER have believed that this FABULOUS place would be located in Elk Grove. It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!! It was like visiting Japan. :) Grandpa Fink, Tyler, Chase and I visited this Koi Pond last week. I am a little behind in posting. :)

I love this picture of the water lilies. So pretty!!!!

I was playing with the shutter speed of my camera in the next picture. I wanted to freeze the water. I think it turned out ok. :)

I could not believe the size of some of the Koi. They were humongous!!!!! I also couldn't believe that they cost $225.00-$300.00 each. Therfore, I don't think we will be putting in a Koi pond any time soon. :)

The caretakers even let Tyler and Chase have some "cat food"(that is what it looked like to Chase and Tyler) to feed the Koi.

This isn't the best picture to show the absolute size of this particular Koi. It was 20 years old and, of course, HUGE. I could have put my whole fist in its mouth(I am not exaggerating either). I actually tried letting it eat out of my hand once. :) It made this huge suctioning noise and surprised me so much that I didn't try it again.

After feeding the Koi, Ty and Chase decided it was time to eat lunch. So, we sat down and ate lunch in these picturesque surroundings.

Of course, Ty and Chase needed a nap after eating lunch, so they just layed down and rested for a while. We will definitely make some more Koi Pond trips in the near future. :)
10 comments:
How fun, you'll have to let us know where it is. The boys looked very intrigued by the fish and water. Did they get rocks to toss? :) I've always thought it would fun to have one, but I did hear that the fish were expensive. I do love the look of the Koi ponds though.
That looks like so much fun...its always interesting when we find great spots in our own backyards!
Kate I love all the pictures at the Koi Pond. You are developing into a real photographer and, of course, you have great "stars" for your pictures. I think one of my favorite, not counting all the ones with the grandkids, would have to be the lily pads. I loved the water droplets. What a fun experience - wish I had been there. I want to go next time! K? K!
That place is in Elk Grove?!? I think your picture of the waterfall out of the vase turned out really good.
Brett and I have talked about having a Koi Pond when we built a house.. but since the Koi are so expensive it looks like we will now have a lilly pond.
Looks like fun! Although koi give me the CREEPS. No future koi ponds in our habitat.
That's such a cool place and I think you did great with catching the water. Its amazing all the great places there are if you know where to look.
Really beautiful pics Kate! I'm with Sarah about the Koi... they're a bit creepy, but I love the design of Japanese gardens which always tend to have Koi ponds...I really like the lilly pad pic and the water falling from the jug...looks like you're really getting a feel for your camera!
Thank park looks so nice...I just love your photos, it looks so clam and relaxing, just like the boys are on the bench. Gotta find our from you where it's at.
Shauna - it's off Grant Line Rd. So heading south on 99 you would exit at Grant line Rd. and go left over the freeway. The Koi Pond is on the right hand side of the road(10255 Grant Line Road). The name of the place is Flora Tropicana Aquatics.
Whoa, that looks awesome!! What a fun idea!! Where is it? Ethan would love it.
How are you liking being a full-time stay at home mommy?
Post a Comment