Tyler, my little helper, helped me this weekend bake the PERFECT chocolate chip cookies. I am not kidding. I have tried a lot of different recipes and this is by far the best. I stole the recipe from my cousin
Jade's Blog (she got it from a NY Times article).

Tyler really was helpful. :) I read somewhere that baking with kids is good for teaching Math skills. That would be a nice byproduct (it definitely wasn't the initial motivation). :) We only had one mishap; Tyler decided to add the eggs a little early. I can't blame him for being anxious. :) It had no noticeable effect on the resulting cookies though. :)

This (licking the spoon/beater) was always my favorite part of baking cookies with my mom, when I was a kid.

You might be wondering where my other little helper was....he was watching the Olympics with his Dad. Slacker.

Here are the MOST PERFECT Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER!!!!

Waiting patiently for the greenlight to go ahead and eat a cookie. :)
18 comments:
I loved making cookies with mom! Although I never could wait for the cookies, I had to eat the cookie dough, nothings changed there! I love the ones of Tyler and you together and of him licking the beaters, he has all the luck! :-)
OH! One more thing!! That picture of the cookies and the kids with the cookies is AWESOME!!! And is that you without makeup? Maybe its you with all the luck!
Yummy, yummy cookies and such a fun adventure for Tyler. I remember making cookies with you, but I don't remember whether you got much out of it as far as math goes! No byproducts there, just the cookies; however, you did become a CPA, so maybe there is something to be said for baking with your children! :) I love the pic of the cookies, the one where Tyler is licking the beaters and, of course, the anticipation in the faces of Tyler and Chase waiting for the moment to enjoy those delicious cookies! I love the recipe - haven't made them - just enjoyed them!
THOSE COOKIES WERE SMACKDABALICIOUS!! It's like a miracle recipie. Can I have it??
What great photos! You make it look so tempting, I am hoping you saved me some. Love the last photo of the boys and their smiling eyes just waiting for the okay to dig in.
Summer - I will print you out a copy and bring it to our Girls' night out!!! I'm glad you liked them. :)
I've heard FABULOUS things about this recipe. My friend Robin made them and says she can't ever go back.
OK I love te last picture with Tyler's bottom lip out. That would make me cave so guick.
By the way.. you look GREAT in that picture.
Boy those cookies really did look good. So when do you post the recipe? THe pictures were really cute too. I love the one with Chase sitting so comfortably watching the Olympics. I still don't have the patience to do that.
The link to the recipe is
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/09/dining/091crex.html?ref=dining
yum, those look SO good. definitely better than mine. I think I'll go practice some more...
Bytheway - You look absolutely fabulous. Yeah, I'm jealous.
Girls Night Out??????
those look SO yummy! I may just have to try that recipe out, see if it's better than the one I currently use...you can never have too many cookie recipes! The boys look absolutely adorable as always!
I'll have to check out the recipe! What an adorable picture of the two of your handsome boys staring the cooling cookies! heeheee :)
Ooooh, nice picture of the cookies! I see a little aperture work there! :)
Ok Kate, you can't do a post like that without posting the recipie... enquiring minds need to know. They look scrumptious.
Erin - The link to the recipe is
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/09/dining/091crex.html?ref=dining
Post a Comment